Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between ceramic and aragocrete reef plugs?
- Ceramic is inert and requires no curing. Aragocrete plugs and discs are cured for 6 weeks prior to being shipped to us. We also advise customers to continue the curing process at home by keeping the plugs in RO water until used. We do however supply thousands of aragocrete plugs and have never had a report of any problems in small tanks or large scale propagation setups. Both plugs bond very well with Milliput and our coral adhesives.
2. What is the best adhesive to use?
- We have two types of Coral Adhesives. The gel version is great for zoa's and SPS corals, where the liquid is a great 'all round' glue. Various people have their preferences, but both adhesives are excellent.
3. Why are the adhesives expensive?
- Our Coral Adhesive is designed to be used in water, and vastly outperforms 'standard superglue'. It also works out far less expensive than 'standard superglue' when comparing equal volume pricing. You will not find a better coral adhesive suited for the marine environment than this one!
- The large bottle is 50g, the small bottle 20g and the gel tube is 20g.
4. What is the best way to prolong the life of the adhesives?
- Keeping the adhesive cold vastly prolongs its life. Assuming you can get your wife's permission, it is worth storing it in the fridge!
- One thing to remember is that when you are ready to use the adhesive you will need it to rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes for its normal viscosity to return.
5. How should the tools be looked after and stored?
- Saltwater is extremely corrosive and will eventually rust any metal, so looking after the tools are important. It is good practice to rinse all your tools in fresh water and thoroughly dry them afterwards.
- Store the tools in a dry place.
- All our tools are high quality stainless steel or aluminium. If you look after them, they will give you many years of service.
- You will find that scalpel blades have a limited life when around saltwater but should be good for 3 or 4 'fragging sessions'
6. How do your custom products work?
- We have two types of custom products, tool kits and frag racks. We realise that your requirements might be different to our 'standard products' so allow the customer the option of creating a custom toolkit with whatever you want in it. We can also produce frag racks to order.
- Please note: A custom frag rack would incur higher pricing for the additional work involved.
- Feel free to email us with any requests and we will price the product you want before you make the purchase.
7. What if we have problems with any of your products?
- We back all of our equipment 100% and have tested everything before it makes it to our live store. If you have any problems at all, we are more than happy to help out and will do what we need to resolve the issue. The only thing more important to us than quality products is our customer service.